Bcca vs. Liver Tabs

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
key

Bcca vs. Liver Tabs

Post by key »

So for feast, are we supposed to take liver tabs for the first 7 days as well as bcaas?

Well my question is, wont we be getting double servings of bcaas, and also arent we supposed to do 3 on/3 off with the bcaa loading protocol? So wont 7 days of liver tabs contradict that?

For example

Feast Day 1- 6 liver tabs every 2 hours + 20-40 grams bcaa/glutamine
Feast Day 2- 6 liver tabs every 2 hours + 20-40 grams bcaa/glutamin
Feast Day 3- 6 liver tabs every 2 hours + 20-40 grams bcaa/glutamin
Feast Day 4- 6 liver tabs every 2 hours
Feast Day 5- 6 liver tabs every 2 hours
Feast Day 6- 6 liver tabs every 2 hours
Feast Day 7- 6 liver tabs every 2 hours+ 20-40 grams bcaa/glutamin
key

Post by key »

rob?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I would opt for one or the other protocols but not both.

Liver tabs will deliver aminos too but not in the concentrations needed for what we're trying to accomplish with BCAA loading protocol #1 you're referencing. As well, it may throw the desired effect. One or the other.

If you're looking for quick traction, it's the liver tabs. If it's steadier LBM gains throughout Feast, BCAA loading protocol #1.

Hope that helps!
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

That's interesting, I'm glad this question came up because I was under the impression that you could/should do both.

I really liked my experience with liver tabs, so how about this option...

for the first 7-10 days: liver tabs, then after that do the 3 on/3 off BCAA protocol?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Very good thinking.

I was going to suggest the same. Will be a VERY interesting experiment as I don't know it's been tried before. This could be a very, very good thing!
truemuscle

Post by truemuscle »

Branched chain amino acids (BCAA), such as Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine, generate energy for the body that is exercising and are called "ergogenic" amino acids. They reduce the exercise-caused degradation of protein and reduce muscle loss during intense exercise. Remember that the body will use muscle for energy if it ca not find energy anywhere else. By consuming these enzymes during intense activity, you increase your fat free muscle mass and increase the muscle to fat ratio. Secondly, BCAA enzymes are able to reduce exercise-induced fatigue. The enzymes are taken up by the muscles during exercise so that oxidative metabolism (metabolism using oxygen instead of muscle) takes place.
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

okay.
Justin

Post by Justin »

Hmm I'd be interested to try soon! so your saying you should take liver or bCAA and not both at same time?!?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Correct.

That'd be a bit of over-kill IMO...