The Superfoods!!

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
321bh

Post by 321bh »

For workout day breakfast, I like to have Nature's Path FlaxPlus Multigrain pancake mix.. its great, just drop in a scoop of vanilla whey protein and you get a good mix of carbs + protein to start the day..

https://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Path-Fl ... ancake-Mix

My wife also makes a mean stirfry chicken w/ vegetable quinoa for post-workout..
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

That's a great mix/idea!

I don't like heating proteins (particularly whey). But if you have some junk Walmart whey sitting around... good idea.

Do NOT do this with MassPro or any cold processed whey. You're paying good money for the delicate protein micro-fractions, di-tri peptides, lactoferrin and other associated goodies ONLY a cold processed whey retains.

Make the most of it! Otherwise, I appreciate your contribution!!
321bh

Post by 321bh »

Good advice, thanks Rob
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

My pleasure...
steveh

Post by steveh »

I see milk is a well encouraged superfood. Always wondered what steaming milk does to it.

In other words - do my regular lattes count? :wink: Or does the steaming kill all the goodies?
DV8

Post by DV8 »

I've had a similar question about the goodies in milk. Wonder if the pasteurization process has already killed some of the goodies in there (~160F). Not sure if steaming it will kill them even further (212F+).

In addition, I've always thought of Avocado as a nice superfruit. Nice source of carbs, healthy fats, vitamins...and they're DELICIOUS!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes, it does. Plenty of farmers drink the raw stuff though.

They know...
ellsbebc

Post by ellsbebc »

I definitely second the recommendation of Kroger Carbmaster yogurt. It is a standard $.40/each in the Cincinnati area. Occasionally drops to 3/$1

Personally, I cannot stand Greek yogurt. The only yogurt I eat is carbmaster :D