1st Run Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

That's cool. Hopefully the people come back too...

I always liked training with someone a little bigger/stronger than me. Take advantage of this if you have it. Right now, it's me and the basement.. :)
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

before breakfast i had ebol and 1 tbsp peanut butter
breakfast was 2 pieces of chicken ruscia and a slice of bread with cheese and tomatoes
intra i drank 3 scoops recoverpro, 6g citrulline malate, and 3 tsp raz lemonade mix
pwo was 1 scoop lipotropic protein and a packet of hot chocolate in 8oz almond milk and some chocolate covered popcorn
had 1 tbsp peanut butter and ebol about an hour later followed by a 1 scoop casein and 1 scoop xf whey
dinner was a naked burrito with chicken, black and pinto beans, corn, olives, tomato, medium salsa, pico de gallo, and queso sauce on top
had 1 tbsp peanut butter and ebol
2 scoops casein before bed
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

hit all the reps again today

squat- 120x10, 175x8, 185x6, 205x4, 215x2, 230x2

dimel dealifts- 135x15
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Excellent.

You really seem to be gaining the "traction" better during this second half of Feast. My first thought is that you thrive on a more volume oriented routine/have a muscle twitch fiber makeup that responds best to such.
It'll take some time for me to go back through your logs to determine why. In the meantime, let me throw this question your way:

What do you attribute it to?
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

i guess im used to training in high volume. no ones ever told me ive been over training, but heres what i used to do on a 4-5 day split

legs- squats, stiff leg deadlift, leg extensions, seated calf press
abs- weighted side crunches, leg raises, weighed sit ups
chest- bench, incline, decline, pullovers, pec fly
back- deadlift, lat pulldown, tbar row
biceps- preacher curl, standing ez bar curl, overhand cable curl
triceps- vbar overhead pushdowns, rope cable pushdowns, dips
shoulders- shoulder press, seated smith machine press, side lateral raises, upright row
and i used to do clean and press on shoulder days but stopped.

i probably missed a few things, but workouts might be shoulders and arms, legs and abs, 1-2 days off, chest and maybe some tri, back and maybe some bi, 1-2 days off. for any compound movement, i would do 2-3 warmup sets depending on how much i was lifting. for example, bench i would do 95, 135, then start my sets. deadlift i would do 135, 225, 285, then start my sets. i would also normally do 4-5 sets of 5-6 for all compound movements. sets for deadlifts would be like 135x15, 225x10, 285x5, 335x7, 335x5, 335x4, 335x3, 335x3.
for isolation exercises i usually did a warmup and 3 sets. depending on how it felt, i may have done more. reps were normally around 6-8 or i would increase weight and decrease reps. rest would be between 3-5 minutes unless i was deadlifting or squatting heavy.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Very insightful and appreciate your feedback.

Everything you're telling me points to the fact you'd be an ideal candidate for The Blueprint Periodic - for Strength. Solid loading patterns, rotated in just the right sequence with the necessary de-loads built in to prevent overtraining.

We are figuring you out :)
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

before breakfast was tbsp peanut butter and ebol
breakfast was 2 scoops xf whey because i ran out of time
lunch was orange ginger chicken with brown rice
snack was ramen noodles and 2 scoops xf whey
dinner was a buffalo chicken wrap and a cookie
had ebol with 1 tbsp peanut butter and 2 scoops casein about 30 min later
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

before breakfast was ebol with 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
breakfast was a veggie egg white omelet with 2 slices of american cheese and 2 eggs over hard
lunch was a buffalo chicken wrap with ranch, lettuce, tomato, hot sauce, and a cookie
intra was 6g citrulline malate, 2 scoops intrabolic, 3 tsp raz lemonade mix
pwo was ~12oz chocolate almond milk, ebol, 2 tbsp peanut butter
dinner was a naked burrito with chicken, black and pinto beans, corn, medium salsa, pico de gallo, salsa verde, black olives, guacamole, cheese sauce
before bed was tbsp peanut butter, ebol, 1 scoops whey, 1 scoop casein

im out of BCAAs right now so ill be doing intrabolic or purple wrath/purple intrain until i get more.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

hit all the reps again today

Bench- 95x10, 140x8, 150x6, 160x4, 170x2, 180x2

DB Row- 40x10, 60x8, 60x6, 60x4, 60x2, 60x2

went with DB Rows because the gym was packed and i couldnt get both a bench and the tbar row. i stuck with 60 because it started off harder than i thought it would be when i went for 8 reps but seemed really easy towards the end.

bench was harder than last time, but ive had issues sleeping the past couple nights. ill definitely make sure i get a full nights sleep before maxing out next time.

just a thought, since the next workout ill be maxing i was thinking of having 1 workout for bench then deadlift after, and then squatting once my back has recovered. sound good?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Uh oh. Today was supposed to be the de-load....only 5 sets. You have 6 listed.

Did you do 6 sets?

I don't think it'll derail you totally but please clarify.

Assuming you really did 6, insert at least ONE more recovery day than you had planned. And yes, your idea to stagger the BP/SQ/DL sounds logical...
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:Uh oh. Today was supposed to be the de-load....only 5 sets. You have 6 listed.

Did you do 6 sets?

I don't think it'll derail you totally but please clarify.

Assuming you really did 6, insert at least ONE more recovery day than you had planned. And yes, your idea to stagger the BP/SQ/DL sounds logical...
yea, i just went back and it looks like i mixed up workout 4 and 5.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

another note, sleeping has been an issue for the past 3 nights now. im skipping legs today to rest up for tomorrow and hopefully ill be able to sleep in this weekend.

before breakfast was 1 tbsp peanut butter with ebol
breakfast was 2 scoops xf whey
lunch was some kind of grilled chicken with mixed vegetables and a little mac n cheese
snack was a cookie and a buffalo chicken wrap
before dinner i had 2 tbsp white chocolate peanut butter with ebol
dinner was chicken tikki masala, vegetable korma, jalapeno poppers, and a couple waffle fries
snack was 2 packets of cheese sits
before bed was 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 xf scoop whey, 1 scoop casein
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK well, not sure what to tell you given I've never done that before. Do me a favor and do workout #5 (de-load). See how that goes and report back.

I think you can pull this off...
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:OK well, not sure what to tell you given I've never done that before. Do me a favor and do workout #5 (de-load). See how that goes and report back.

I think you can pull this off...
workout #5 for bench again? or did you mean legs? thats what i have tomorrow.