Blueprint newbie - Supplement stack query

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
kribnutz

Blueprint newbie - Supplement stack query

Post by kribnutz »

Hello

I am new to the The Blueprint (just purchased it a few days back), and will be starting the Famine phase in a few days. I have some queries that I was hoping Rob or someone else could answer:

(i) My supplement stack consists of
- Fish Oil
- ON's Opti-men (multi)
- BSN Syntha 6 (whey)
- ON 100% Casein
- Bioforge Pro Max
- Thermolife E-bol
How good do you think this stack is ? Anything I am missing (like an intra-workout or BCAAs/ glutamine maybe?) If I am missing something, could you suggest a good trusted brand as well ?

(ii) I haven't finished reading The Blueprint so this question might be stupid but is it ok to have a gap of say a couple of days between the Famine and Feast phases? I ask this cos I would be shifting out to a new place next week so there is a possibility this might happen.

(iii) Again, this might be mentioned later in the book but I just saw a brief mention of cardio (for the Famine phase I believe). Is that sufficient ?

(iv) I am an endomorph. I gain weight like its nobodys business. A stack I did once with Nitrotech Hardcore, Myofusion and SP250, with a not-so-clean bulking diet saw me gain 22lbs in 4 weeks. I am scared for the Feast phase as I could end up being bloated real bad. Anything you would suggest I do ? Like maybe some cardio during the Feast phase as well ?

Thanks a lot in advance. Hoping to make some real progress with the system 'cos this is my last attempt at making some changes.

Cheers!

~Arun

:) :)
kribnutz

Post by kribnutz »

As a follow-up question. how important is a creatine supplement for the Feast phase ? I tend to get rashes due to creatine but I do not want my gains to suffer for lack of it.
Hence, if important, I will probably take something like cbol creatine but I want to know how drastically strength and size gains will be affected by lack of it, considering I am taking E-bol and Bioforge.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

you may want to check my current log because I am also a endomorph and the quantity of carbs on feast seems to be problematic for me as far as fat gain/bloating. Maybe look into 4-hydroxy-isoleucine or something to help with carbs sparing. On my next run I will use Kre-Anabolyn to take car of those carbs. Right now it's my first run and don't use any adaptagen so I will be able to compare with and without.
kribnutz

Post by kribnutz »

Hey thanks bigpelo

Where is your log ? I looked in your profile but couldn't find it..
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

"As a follow-up question. how important is a creatine supplement for the Feast phase ? I tend to get rashes due to creatine but I do not want my gains to suffer for lack of it.

Hence, if important, I will probably take something like cbol creatine creatine but I want to know how drastically strength and size gains will be affected by lack of it, considering I am taking ebol ecdy and Bioforge"

A. Not very. In fact, I favor it during Cruise as it matches the training template better IMO..

Ebol/KreAnabolyn + BF/Adaptogen N in Feast and Creatine and/or Burn It Up! during Cruise. Time tested and fits like a glove..
kribnutz

Post by kribnutz »

RobRegish wrote:"As a follow-up question. how important is a creatine supplement for the Feast phase ? I tend to get rashes due to creatine but I do not want my gains to suffer for lack of it.

Hence, if important, I will probably take something like cbol creatine creatine creatine but I want to know how drastically strength and size gains will be affected by lack of it, considering I am taking ebol ecdy ecdy and Bioforge"

A. Not very. In fact, I favor it during Cruise as it matches the training template better IMO..

ebol ecdy/KreAnabolyn + BF/Adaptogen N in Feast and Creatine and/or Burn It Up! during Cruise. Time tested and fits like a glove..
Thanks a lot Rob. Highly appreciate the quick response!

Could you also possibly answer questions (i), (iii) and (iv) mentioned in my original post ?
Thanks a lot!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

(i) My supplement stack consists of
- Fish Oil
- ON's Opti-men (multi)
- BSN Syntha 6 (whey)
- ON 100% Casein
- Bioforge Pro Max
- Thermolife ebol ecdy
How good do you think this stack is ? Anything I am missing (like an intra-workout or BCAAs/ glutamine maybe?) If I am missing something, could you suggest a good trusted brand as well ?

A. Pretty solid all around. I'd like to see BCAA's and Pure Karbolyn or Kwid Karb in there for intra workout. Burn It Up! is well worth your dollar for Cruise/other times.

(iii) Again, this might be mentioned later in the book but I just saw a brief mention of cardio (for the Famine phase I believe). Is that sufficient ?

A. Cardio is performed on off days during feast ideally in a fasted state and in HIIT fashion. Other forms of cardio should be mixed in like GPP work (sled dragging, medicine ball throws and pushing a wheelbarrow up a slight incline). Investing in a sled is a WISE investment indeed.

(iv) I am an endomorph. I gain weight like its nobodys business. A stack I did once with Nitrotech Hardcore, Myofusion and SP250, with a not-so-clean bulking diet saw me gain 22lbs in 4 weeks. I am scared for the Feast phase as I could end up being bloated real bad. Anything you would suggest I do ? Like maybe some cardio during the Feast phase as well ?

A. Cardio yes and either a descending caloric spiral as outlined in the Blueprint OR zig-zagging calories as follows:

First 3 days: 120% of maintenance
Remainder first 2 weeks: 120% on training days, 100% non-training
Second 2 weeks: 100% on training days, 80% on off days
Final 2 weeks: 100% on training days, 70% on off days

The fasted state cardio burns the same # of calories but a higher PERCENTAGE comes from fat due to glucose being low in the bloodstream...
kribnutz

Post by kribnutz »

Thanks a lot Rob! Appreciate the prompt replies!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Exhausted but trying man.

3 weeks of vacation coming up!
kribnutz

Post by kribnutz »

Have a fun vacation Rob. You deserve it. Hopefully I will be on track to some serious change by then!