JlCh Log - 1st Run, better late than never!

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Well, I didn't go anyway as my only time I really had was a few hours before your reply. I ended up splitting/stacking firewood anyway which needs to be finished.

Will hit the gym tomorrow.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good man. Excited for the update!
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Ugh. Bad workout, but hit a PR (ironic, I know).

Bench: 230x6 (pr)
Dumbell Pullover: 85x6

Squat: 185x5x6x6
Deadlift: 135x8x8x8

I went to go do my sets on upper EDT and when I went to kick up the dumbells for incline press, I kicked the left dumbell out too far and my elbow was pretty stressed from bench and didn't have the stabilizers to hold it and it just about really messed my arm up. It didn't thankfully, but yea.

I skipped EDT zones and went really light on legs. I don't know if I just should've kept warming up to a higher weight or what, but 185 felt really heavy on squats. May be because I haven't really done squats in 3 weeks, but didn't think it'd be that bad. Will try again next workout.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ok too bad on the kick up/squats issue.

Having said that, another workout - another PR. You left the gym yesterday a stronger man.... and that's what matters :)
LHockey

Post by LHockey »

RobRegish wrote:Ok too bad on the kick up/squats issue.

Having said that, another workout - another PR. You left the gym yesterday a stronger man.... and that's what matters :)
x2 haha nice work hitting a PR on a bad workout :lol:
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Thanks guys. My legs are pretty sore (hamstrings), even with the light workload. I hope they just needed a good shock and will be up and running by Monday. I still want to hit 275+ on bench and 325 on squat for my final #'s.

I do feel like I need to work on my squat form though. I feel my stance may be too wide, but once I start narrowing it up I can't keep my balance while going down to parallel. That has always a problem, and I fixed it by widening my stance until I could do the motion. I'm about a my foots width wider than shoulders. So I could definitely use some pointers/suggestions if you have any. I've watched a couple squat vids, but I feel like they don't help much. I don't think people here can help much either, as I'm more of a hands on type of learner. Anyway, all help will be appreciated.
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Floor hockey was suppose to start up tonight but no one showed up. Skipped out on my leg EDT set because I didn't want to be burnt out for it and guy was hounding me for the incline bench (only 1 in my gym) and so I opted to skip EDT sets and just did regular sets with a short break.

Squat: 275x2
RDL: 205x5

Bench Press: 245x3 (PR)
DB Pullover: 80x6

Incline DB press: 80x7x5x5
1 arm bent over rows: 80x8x8x8

30 push ups at different angles

Pretty big let down on the floor hockey. The preferred gym we use to use was booked so I had to book the other school's gym which happens to be filled with little kid toys. I put them all away and waited for 15 min and no one showed. Ah well I guess.

Edit: Due to the failure of floor hockey I had completely forgot the good things! One of the HS football players hasn't been in there since football started and when he came in today he said I got huge since the last time he saw me (mostly since I started the Blue Print).

Also, 245 was my 1 rep max at the beginning of this showdown. I have increased 10 lbs plus 1 rep since I did the 3rd feast workout (I did 235x3 with help on 3rd rep). Wish I could get into squats like I can benchpress, pretty disappointing.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great new PR!

Happy to see it :) Don't worry about the SQ's. It'll come but with all that hockey... makes it tough.

You have your roadmap though. Just need time to put it to use! Congrats again..
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Honestly, this thread is probably riddled with PR's. There are just some things that I don't know if are for sure I never specified.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK, do your best. I love seeing "PR" in bold but good to know.

Glad you're doing well with it :)
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Well, the most I really ever did was 190 5x5 on benchpress and I never really went above 245 for squats. So, a lot of the GLP were PR's.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Like me some PR's :)
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

I took deload to the max today :p. Went really easy on upper body.

Squat: 245x6
RDL: 205x6

DB Lunged: 35x8x8x8x8 (haven't done these in forever)
SLDL: 205x5x5x5x5

Bench Press: 185x8

Incline DB Press: 60x6x8x10
Bent over DB Row: 60x8x8x8

My left wrist seemed to have a bit of pain in it, so I really backed off on the upper body portion. The lunges were too light, but I will be hiking for the next 2-3 days so I hopefully they won't be too sore lol. Will be doing a 1 rep max on Monday, hopefully the joints will be feeling good by then.

Be back on Sunday night.
8)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK now Sunday night or whenever you read this take note:

Visualize your 1RM not for a single, but for a TRIPLE!! Do this 3 times prior. Where the mind goes the body will follow...