Just another first run thread - by BigPelo

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Thanks for looking dta!

I have very good mood each morning despite the lack of sleep and calories, weird... but this morning I was sitting in the car, ready to go to work and I realized I forgot my lunch bag! I have never forgotten my lunch bag before. Lack of attention?

Yesterday was workout #2, famine day 3. Weight have gone down each set and I still had difficulties making through the 8-10 rep zone. Still, the workout took like 35 minutes so I when on the treadmill for 20 minutes and burn 225 calories at a heart rate of 130-135 bpm zone. Cardio was hard! I weight in after workout at 236.5, down 6.5 pounds already.

After workout, I went at my father place and borrowed him is nutritional scale. I wanted to be sure I didn't ate to much. It end up that on day 2 I ate 1450 calories and yesterday 1330 calories! I am eating less then the 1600 calories I am supposed to :shock:

This morning rest heart rate was 64 bpm, +2 so not that much yet. I will continue my 1400 calories diet has it is not as hard as I thought it would be. Greater alarm, greater rebound.
xlb57

Post by xlb57 »

bigpelo wrote:Thanks for looking dta!

I have very good mood each morning despite the lack of sleep and calories, weird... but this morning I was sitting in the car, ready to go to work and I realized I forgot my lunch bag! I have never forgotten my lunch bag before. Lack of attention?

Yesterday was workout #2, famine day 3. Weight have gone down each set and I still had difficulties making through the 8-10 rep zone. Still, the workout took like 35 minutes so I when on the treadmill for 20 minutes and burn 225 calories at a heart rate of 130-135 bpm zone. Cardio was hard! I weight in after workout at 236.5, down 6.5 pounds already.

After workout, I went at my father place and borrowed him is nutritional scale. I wanted to be sure I didn't ate to much. It end up that on day 2 I ate 1450 calories and yesterday 1330 calories! I am eating less then the 1600 calories I am supposed to :shock:

This morning rest heart rate was 64 bpm, +2 so not that much yet. I will continue my 1400 calories diet has it is not as hard as I thought it would be. Greater alarm, greater rebound.
Day Three Famine for me and I too noticed the lack of attention / awareness today. I am on the fourth floor in my building and take the escalators up. Well this morning I ended up on the fifth floor in the morning. It took me a second to realize that I just kept on riding the escalator up to the fifth floor! Some woman saw me look confused as I began to walk back to the "down" escalator. I just said "Missed my floor!"

Gotta love Famine! :P
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

It's good to know we're not alone.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Famine day 5

This morning rest heart rate was 70 bpm, so here is the +8! So do I need to do the 3rd famine workout or should I start feast? I know this workout is going to be hard as hell but I feel fine and I am thinking: the greater the alarm, the greater the results isn't it?
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

So I did my 3rd famine workout after work. It was very VERY hard! I thought I was going to puke after the fifth squat-row superset. Training took less then 45 minutes though. Weight after workout was 234, so down 9 lbs since day 1 if famine.

Tomorrow morning is the beginning of feast. I am looking forward to it. It seems like my sense of smell is multiple at this time. I am craving proteins!

I will take my rest heart rate tomorrow morning anyway before eating, even if this was already +8. Tonight workout would probably increase alarm more. And I still feel fine at 1400 calories today. But I had 3 beers while watching hockey that I didn't add to the total :oops:

And Montréal got pwnd be NJ :x
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

GREAT work making it through!

And your RHR was SPOT ON. EXACTLY 8 BPM above baseline. People think I make this stuff up!

:roll:
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

this morning rest heart rate before beginning feast was 71 so +9 bpm.

I had one glass of orange juice, 2 eggs + 4 eggs white, 2 slices of ham, a bit of white cheddar cheese, 1 bagel, 2 huge class of milk and a honey spread toast as dessert. It feels good to eat again! Ham was so tasty, it was unreal. This famine crank up my senses of smell and taste. I also started multi life vitamins and minerals.

For you guys who start feast tomorrow, I can tell you will enjoy it :)
xlb57

Post by xlb57 »

I envy you! Tomorrow is my day to eat. Grats on making it! :)
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Hold on! just couple hours left!
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

today is my 11th feast day. I am back from a formation 300 miles away from home for a full week. I've been able to train 2 times during this trip, feast workout #1 and #2. It was a restaurant marathon, eating 3 meals a day there. I tried to make healthy choices but counting cals have been hard.

Saturday was workout 3 and weight is already back to pre famine state at 243.

Tonight will be workout 4. Hopefully, weight on the bars will be back to pre famine too. I feel bit weaker then before starting.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You'll gain traction, although it should have been there by now. Do try and really emphasize carbs and eating up. If the bridge workouts 1-5 don't do it for you, GLP1 + EDT blocks will.

Right here for you if you need me.. PM me if in need of any specific guidance.
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Strength is almost back after yesterday 4th workout, feast day 11. Weight in at 243.5 (+0.5 lbs, let say is the same...)

Tonight will be 18 minutes HIIT cardio with some light abs exercises. Confidence and mood are extremely high.

Diet is back on track since my restaurant marathon. I am going out of town again for a full week at the end of November for the continuity of the formation. And next week I am going to capital city to represent my cie in a university for recruiting and two other days for another formation so there will be restaurants again... I try to choice the best meal but it's always hard to know what's in your plate.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Very nice to see and happy for you. This is late traction but it's about to get into HIGH gear. GLP 1 is a nice solution for those who gain late traction.

Right here for you and following along man. Great work so far and thanks for hanging in there. At the end, I think you'll be quite pleased...
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

I am using Dymatize Iso-100 hydrolyse whey protein with this run and I must say that I am pretty disappointed. I am even thinking putting the remaining 2/3 of the 5 pounds container in the trash.

It dissolve well but it's too sweet IMO. Also, when I was using Allmax Isoflex, recovery seems better. This product don't do anything. I am almost sure my lack of gain on this run (even if it's the 1st) is cause by this protein that is not good enough. I am taking three scoop a day, 25g proteins per scoop.

I have two container of MASS PRO Whey waiting and now it's the time to give those a try I think...

Anybody have try Iso-100 or a similar product?