JlCh Log - 1st Run, better late than never!

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Damn. Well, life does this sometime to you. Soldier on or discontinue. Once it's in the chest, I'd say play it safe. We don't wan't to make it worse.

Health first as I always say!
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Well, I'll prob be back in the gym on Mon. Should I continue Feast or just start up cruise now that I've had a week break?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Last complete workout I saw was GLP #4. I've got to be honest here... I don't think given your time away its wise to pick back up where you left off.

Do transition to Cruise and do that 5 x 5 justice. You just may be pleasantly surprised by what you find.

These things happen but they are temporary. I suffered some major setbacks myself this week, but I'm not dwelling on it. Neither should you. I can see from your posts the desire is there. Provided your health is good, the gains will be there as well.

One twist to this: At the end of 5 x 5, I'd like you to take your 1RM in the BP and SQ. I have some ideas....
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

I was doing a 5x5 type deal before I started The BluePrint. Well, if I do 5x5 program, the lifts I wouldn't want to go heavy on would be squats/shoulder exercises (deadlifts as well). I remember seeing you talking about 20 rep squats somewhere (nolinksplease.com I think?), could we modify those lifts to suit my wants?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow, not in Cruise no. No worries though, I have backup plans for my backup plans.

Do me a favor: Resume HIT workouts 1-5, ultimately achieving a 1RM at workout #5. I have something else in mind for you.. :)
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Alrighty. Should I keep away from the 3 rep workout and keep it around 4-6 reps?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

No, I'd execute as its outlined.

Give that a go. If we run into trouble, I have another plan. I have so many plans... I'm a planner. I have backup plans for my backup plans. Which tells me maybe my Plan A's aren't always that good :)

But no worries, I have your plan. I am planning my trip for tomorrow... and your plan on the plane. Just in case.
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Alrighty. All 5 workouts will be enough for cruise? Because I was doing 3 days a week with weekends off.
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

My mom caught the same thing I did, but she has emphazemia and went into the dr's since she can't really tough anything out like I can. Turns out she has bronchitis and my symptoms have been worse than hers have been.
LHockey

Post by LHockey »

hmm interested to see what rob has planned for you!

sorry about getting sick during your BP run that blows :cry:
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

I tried and I failed, lol. I'm down 3 lbs from last Sunday (10th), and that should've been the first clue to go at it gently at first. Didn't lift nearly what I thought I could and ended up hitting a brick wall after benchpress/pullover super set. Will probably redue the workout after 2 more days rest.
LHockey wrote:hmm interested to see what rob has planned for you!

sorry about getting sick during your BP run that blows :cry:
As am I, on both accounts.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK now provided you're over the sickness and hopefully re-gained some weight, we're going to pic up again w/workouts 1-5 where you left off. I'd also like you to goto a 1 on 2off to ensure adequate recovery.

We'll take it from there, together!
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Just thought I'd give a little bit of an update, that I hadn't forgotten about this :p

Still a bit sick. Nose stays stuffed and have a pretty nasty cough still although it isn't nearly as bad as it was last week. I did try to workout as I stated previously, and did 8 clean reps of 215 (9 with help) which was a PR (did 215 6 times for first 5 work outs in the beginning of feast) even with being sick/no strength. Will be hitting the gym Monday come hell or high water. The intensity just gets to me with not being able to breath properly and I really get limited on oxygen due to the nose plugging.

Just to clarify, will these 5 workouts be all of cruise?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

First, GREAT comeback... even while being a bit sick!

Second, I'll make that call when we're done with these workouts. For now, it seems to be working so carry on!

Glad to hear this man, glad to hear it!