1st Run Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good going. You should start seeing bodyweight traction soon.

Brain's finishing up his latest BP run and put on ANOTHER 7lbs. It just gets better as you refine each time..
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:Good going. You should start seeing bodyweight traction soon.

Brain's finishing up his latest BP run and put on ANOTHER 7lbs. It just gets better as you refine each time..
im more concerned about strength personally. after this i was thinking of going back to dieting. id really like to get cut and have abs since ive never seen mine before :(
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Well, you'll likely have both once you complete this Feast Phase.

Honestly, that German phase I is a gem. 5%+ on a major compound lift in 6 workouts is the best I've seen. And the total tonnage is up there which leads to some nice hypertrophy as a "side effect".

Understand what you're saying on abs. Tough to serve two different masters though :)
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

before breakfast was 2 scoops xf whey, tbsp peanut butter and ebol
breakfast is 6 eggs, and about 2-3 servings dark chocolate almond granola with 3/4 cup yogurt
intra i had 3 scoops recoverpro, 6g citrulline malate, and 3 heaping tsp raz lemonade mix
pwo was 1 scoop lipotropic protein in 8oz sweetened vanilla almond milk with a little chocolate syrup and 4 oz V8 fusion with ebol
lunch was 2 spiced apple and chicken sausage, 3 slices of string cheese, 1/2 serving of mixed nuts, and a bowl of ramen noodles
dinner is ground turkey with hot sauce and buffalo cheese
snack was 3 tbsp dark chocolate peanut butter with 1.5 scoops xf whey
before bed i had a sample packet of thermolife vasolate with ebol
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

i managed to hit all the reps again. the lighter weights felt much easier this time around.

Bench- 95x11, 115x8, 125x6, 135x6, 150x6, 160x6
i wasnt paying attention on 95 and did 11 because im so used to warming up with 15

Seated Cable Row- 130x10, 140x8, 150x6, 160x6, 170x6, 180x6
the last rep of 180 i didnt get all the way to my chest, i was about 2-3 inches away. ill start heavier next time
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Superb!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Here's a tip. Hope you guys find it helpful and a great example of what you get in terms of ongoing support with The Blueprint course:

PROBLEM:

Problems with lockout, not finding the right groove on the bench etc.

ANALYSIS:

You're coming out of the groove and robbing yourself of much power. If we can correct this, you'll be much stronger and de-fecto, deliver a stronger overload message for muscle growth.

TIP/SOLUTION:

With an empty bar in hand on the bench press try this:

Scoot forward on the bench and hold the bar at arms length. With arms extended, slowly move it backwards over your head. Then reverse direction and move bar forward over your groin. Repeat several times. At some point in this arc you will find a position where the bar feels almost "weightless".

Presto, you have just found the exact position in your bench press groove where the bar should end up :)
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

ill try that next time. also, i sent out my empty bottle yesterday :)

before breakfast was 2 scoops xf whey, tbsp peanut butter, and ebol
breakfast was 6 eggs and 2 slices of string cheese
lunch is ground turkey with hot sauce and buffalo cheese and a bowl of ramen noodles
snack was 2 scoops xf whey, tbsp peanut butter, and ebol
dinner is a turkey burger with buffalo cheese, half a glass of V8, and a bowl of maple granola with enough vanilla almond milk to wet it
snack was some chocolate covered popcorn and 2 scoops xf whey
before bed was ebol with a sample packet of vasolate
MarcoDeniro

Post by MarcoDeniro »

hey Nice logging really looking forward to this
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

MarcoDeniro wrote:hey Nice logging really looking forward to this
thanks, good luck with your run
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

i was going to do my second leg day today, but my legs are still a little sore and my back is tight. i feel like this is unusual since ive had a full 3 days to recover, protein has been up around 300g/day, sleep has been good, and ecdy should be improving recovery. any explanation for this? maybe just due to the workload?
anyways, ill probably be going to the gym tomorrow

before breakfast was 1.5 scoops xf whey, 1tbsp dark chocolate peanut butter, and ebol. this was the last of the choc pb and ill be switching to choc mint.
breakfast was 6 eggs, 3 pieces of string cheese, and a glass of V8
lunch was a turkey burger with buffalo cheese and some cheddar pretzels
had ebol with 1 tbsp dark chocolate peanut butter around 430
early/light dinner was a turkey burger with buffalo cheese, a bowl of ramen noodles, and 1 scoop xf whey (just to try the choc mint)
dinner was bbq chicken pizza and a piece of ice cream pie
before bed was 1 tbsp peanut butter, 2 scoops xf whey, and ebol
MarcoDeniro

Post by MarcoDeniro »

MSR9889 wrote:
MarcoDeniro wrote:hey Nice logging really looking forward to this
thanks, good luck with your run
Yeah I am gearing up to do it properly. I did take a week rest from the gym . However I goofed the famine stage. Reading program again to get down packed .Your logging has helped me to realize "do things as it has written out.I would give you reps but that a whole other world;) and does it rly matter?
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

MarcoDeniro wrote: Yeah I am gearing up to do it properly. I did take a week rest from the gym . However I goofed the famine stage. Reading program again to get down packed .Your logging has helped me to realize "do things as it has written out.I would give you reps but that a whole other world;) and does it rly matter?
haha, reps dont seem to matter but somehow negs ruin lives.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Smart move on the extra recovery day. It's likely NOT due to the ebol, diet etc but rather, some other factor. Sleep has been an issue for you and it could be your body asking for little more time.

You are listening to your body and as your training (not chronological) age advances, so does wisdom.