Vetrans 4th run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good lord. Even when things go wrong for Draco PR's appear out of nowhere..

Good things for good people I'd say :) Way to go Draco!
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

So my BluePrint brothers I close another run.
I'm not gonna lie and say I hit my 500lb squat but a failure it was NOT. I took three runs at it.
First Failed but I know what 500 lbs feels like now
2cd didn't get depth went to camera to check depth-ran out of memory video not recorded so I'll try again
erased video and pictures to make sure there is proof
3rd try heaved another went to camera to check 'cause I thought depth was better-nope ran out of memory video cut out just after I unracked weight. :x
I know I wasn't parallel close enough.....we'll call it a sissy squat or something but no more maxin for a while. This run was too much

What I learned....

Shoulders-This program I was on suggested rotater cuff exercises every week. "Better to make stronger now than rehab later." I agree but for some dumb reason I messed up a rotater anyways. Damn

Days off- Take em serious no matter how good/strong you feel.

Too many weeks in the 90 percentile will burn you out! Oh yea Rob did you mention that before? YES
Listen to Rob!!!!!
Determination rules all- this run was not a complete failure. Definition may be more refined and I still hit PR's on rack pulls and squats.
I will not be posting journal logs anymore to keep space and time for newcomers. I will be checking in and I'm still here to help. I will be on an extended maintenance for a while until I make my new grand plan. Thank you all for support and checking in. Good luck in all you do.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great learning Draco and thanks for sharing. As you noted though, new PR's (particularly in SQ and RP's) are impressive indeed and doubly so given the improved definition.

Draco is an excellent example of someone with so much drive, so much heart that it can sometimes work against you. Meaning that same drive can result in workout that are too frequent and with the kind of weights he moves (have you seen some of these #'s?) and the VOLUME in particular, puts incredible stress on the body.

This down time is going to benefit you Draco, not just physically but mentally. Let your mind wander at first, relaxing into a Cruise/maintenance phase while you hatch that grand plan. Take inventory, formulate, refine an plan for the battle that lay ahead.

I honestly thing The BP Periodic is your ticket. Guy like you who thrives on big movements, lots of weight and likes to be challenged would burn through it. The key are those spaces in between workout. That's what separates you from the next level.

Here for you man. On the forums, on PM's and on the phone. I make time for my BP believers!!