1st Run Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Understand on using stuff up..

Makes sense you use it in the Feast, at some point. At least positioned in this way, it'll lend itself to giving you the most bang for the buck. Then you can move on to better alternatives.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

Bench- 95x10, 100x8, 115x8, 125x8, 135x8, 145x8

Seated Cable Row- 120x10, 130x8, 140x8, 140x8, 150x8, 160x8
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:Understand on using stuff up..

Makes sense you use it in the Feast, at some point. At least positioned in this way, it'll lend itself to giving you the most bang for the buck. Then you can move on to better alternatives.
im actually trying to trade/sell it on nolinksplease.com for more e-bol, bulk bcaas, and a couple other things i wanna try.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Excellent

So you got all reps on every set?

If so, your work capacity is higher than I thought. Also, you may have more slow vs. fast twitch muscle than avg.. Nothing wrong with that of course, just a note for future reference.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:Excellent

So you got all reps on every set?

If so, your work capacity is higher than I thought. Also, you may have more slow vs. fast twitch muscle than avg.. Nothing wrong with that of course, just a note for future reference.
yea, i got all the reps. as far as i can tell i dont have much fast twitch. i have pretty good reflexes but very little explosiveness or quickness.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

This is excellent to know and one of the tidbits Blueprint reveals...

The whiplash training I outline in Feast will peel back the curtain on many things, including whether or not you are predominantly fast or slow twitch. What is supremely interesting to me is that you CAN change the % of fast vs. slow twitch fibers via your training.

It's a fascinating subject when you actually get into it in depth. Looked at under an electron microscope, you can see white, pink and red muscle fibers "changing" to reflect ones training.

Expect some difficulty then, with the lower reps later in the program. It may well be though, that this too will change. In fact, it may well happen a lot quicker than usually seen given what Ecdy delivers... that being a hyper adaptation to your training.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

before breakfast i had a sample packet of mri pro nos mocha with ebol
breakfast was 6 eggs with chipotle cheese
lunch was 6 eggs, 2 pieces of string cheese and a large bowl of maple granola with enough almond milk to wet it
snack was 2 sample packets nitrotech vanilla cake batter with ebol and 1 tbsp peanut butter
dinner was ground turkey with chipotle cheese and V8 and cheddar pretzels
snack was 2 scoops xf whey
i had 2 scoops of xf whey, 2 tbsp peanut butter and 3 caps ebol before bed

i had 1 extra cap in the bottle. im also out of casein and i guess i left my other tub at school.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I looked into that new MRI protein.

I'd agree whey peptides are beneficial. Di and Tri peptides indesputably lead to higher nitrogen retention and growth. They should absolutely be in your protein powder (most whey's don't contain them).

Now, what I'm more interested in is the 950% (or some such figure) increase in NO and does that really accelerate muscle growth? I'd be interested in exactly what di-tri peptides they're using. But the website doesn't say. Nor does it list the actual clinical study. I'm not saying it's not valid, just that found it odd after going through all of that....it isn't there?

I was going to give it a run but the corn syrup solids turned me off.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:I looked into that new MRI protein.

I'd agree whey peptides are beneficial. Di and Tri peptides indesputably lead to higher nitrogen retention and growth. They should absolutely be in your protein powder (most whey's don't contain them).

Now, what I'm more interested in is the 950% (or some such figure) increase in NO and does that really accelerate muscle growth? I'd be interested in exactly what di-tri peptides they're using. But the website doesn't say. Nor does it list the actual clinical study. I'm not saying it's not valid, just that found it odd after going through all of that....it isn't there?

I was going to give it a run but the corn syrup solids turned me off.
i tried it when i first got into supps and lifting and didnt notice anything special from it, but it is hands down the best tasting proteins ive ever had. and ive always made it with water and ice cubes.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah, a lot of the newer "protein powders" are really meal replacement products though, when you look at it objectively. They've all learned from muscle milk that if you include a good whack of "performance lipids" (read, fats), it radically improves the taste in water.

Some even go a step beyond that and are putting sugar in!
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

only got about 6 hours of sleep last night. woke up early and couldnt fall back asleep.

before breakfast was 2 scoops xf whey, 1 tbsp peanut butter, and ebol
breakfast was 2 spiced apple and chicken sausage, 4 eggs, and a bowl of dark chocolate granola with a little chocolate almond milk
intra i drank 3 scoops recoverpro, 6g citrulline malate, and 3 heaping tsp raz lemonade mix
pwo was 12oz chocolate almond milk with 1 scoop lipotropic protein, 1 tbsp peanut butter, ebol, and 8oz V8 splash
lunch was lean ground turkey with chipotle cheese and cheddar pretzels and some chocolate covered popcorn
dinner is 3 chicken and spiced apple sausage and 2 pieces of string cheese and a glass of V8
snack was 6 eggs and a bowl of ramen
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

i hit every rep on the workout again, but it was much harder this time.

squat- 120x10, 130x8, 145x8, 160x8, 175x8, 185x8

dimel deadlifts- 135x15

when i was squatting, i felt dehydrated and was usually tired after a few reps. i ended up just holding the weight up until i was ready to go again for more of the sets. im sure not getting enough sleep hurt as well too, but i took 200mg caffein and vit b6 and b12 before the workout to give me some energy.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Well, good going then.

There is a judgement call to be made when the night before you don't sleep well. Personally, I err on the side of caution and opt for another night's rest/sound sleep.

Sometimes though, you need to pull out the stops (pre-workout stims). The downside is it usually takes more away than it puts back, meaning you can dig a deeper hole. Usually, another night or two of sound sleep can rectify.

Good call and let us know if those sleep issues resolve. I'm still having difficulty nailing down what's causing it, in your case.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

before breakfast i had 2 scoops whey, tbsp peanut butter, and ebol
breakfast was 6 eggs, half cup of yogurt with a half scoop of whey and a serving of granola
lunch was a lean turkey burger with buffalo cheese, glass of V8, and a bowl of ramen
snack was 2 scoops xf whey
had ebol with 1 tbsp peanut butter before dinner
dinner was chicken wings at buffalo wild wings
before bed is 1 tbsp peanut butter, ebol, and 2 scoops xf whey