1st Run Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK I think I see the problem. Your jump from 165lbs to 200 was too big. The golgi tendon (which governs muscle tension) detected too big an increase and shut down to "protect" you from injury. Next time around, try this:

Warm up to within 10-15lbs of your 1RM, around 185-190lbs. Rest up and perform a negative only with 215-220lbs. Re-load the bar with 200lbs and shoot for that new 1RM. Doing so affords the CNS the opportunity to "see" the heavier tension and you'll be better prepared to lift it.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

So here we go with phase II or the German program. I'm basing these workouts on a bench 1RM of 190lbs and squat 1RM of 240lbs. You'll want to go into this fully recovered so if that takes 2-3 days so be it. When you're ready, here it is...

WORKOUT #1

Chest/Back

SET 1: 95lbs for 10 reps, immediately into a rowing movement such as 1 arm dumbell rows, seated cable rows etc for same reps
REST MINIMUM OF 5 minutes and up to 10 min.

SET 2: 100lbs for 8 reps, immediately into a rowing movement such as 1 arm dumbell rows, seated cable rows etc for same reps

SET 3: 115lbs for 8 reps, immediately into a rowing movement such as 1 arm dumbell rows, seated cable rows etc for same reps

SET 4: 125lbs for 8 reps, immediately into a rowing movement such as 1 arm dumbell rows, seated cable rows etc for same reps

SET 5: 135lbs for 8 reps, immediately into a rowing movement such as 1 arm dumbell rows, seated cable rows etc for same reps

SET 6: 145lbs for 8 reps, immediately into a rowing movement such as 1 arm dumbell rows, seated cable rows etc for same reps

Take a day or two break and then peform the following workout:

WORKOUT #2

Legs/Glutes-Hams

SET 1: 120lbs for 10 reps

SET 2: 130lbs for 8 reps

SET 3: 145lbs for 8 reps

SET 4: 160lbs for 8 reps

SET 5: 175lbs for 8 reps

SET 6: 185lbs for 8 reps

Finish this workout off with one lighter set of Dimel deadlifts (an overhand, shortened deadlift done in rhythmic fashion brought just below the knee) for 15-20 reps. This should NOT be a heavy set or anything that causes anxiety/wipe you out.

NOTES:

Do not be concerned if you miss reps with the target weight here or there on a few sets. In fact, I'd expect it. Going from one set to failure to this multiple set format is an extreme jump in work capacity. Don't sweat it. In short order your work capacity will jump and you'll really be getting that traction I speak of.

It's also why it works so well. Give those two workouts a go and do keep us posted.

If you have any questions about the particulars, I'm here for you..
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

so this will be 12 workouts total? 6 for chest/back and 6 for legs, rotating every 2-3 days?
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

breakfast was 2 scoops xf whey, 1 tbsp peanut butter, and ebol
snack was 2 sample packets of chocolate myofusion
lunch was a chicken parm grinder with spinach
had ebol with a tbsp peanut butter around 5
2 scoops xf whey around 6
dinner around 730 was spicy sweet and sour boneless chicken wings, thanksgiving burger(turkey burger with stuffing, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce), a few fries, and peanut butter cup pie
before bed i had 1 scoop xf whey and 1 scoop casein with 1 tbsp peanut butter and ebol
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes sir.

12 workouts total..
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

breakfast was 2 scoops xf whey, 1 tbsp peanut butter, and ebol
lunch was lean ground turkey with hot sauce and buffalo cheese and a glass of V8
snack was a milk shake with 2 scoops xf whey, left over choc. pb ice cream
had ebol and a tbsp peanut butter
early dinner was lean ground turkey with buffalo cheese and hot sauce, ramen noodles, and a glass of V8
snack was sea salt and pepper chips
had 2 scoops xf whey before heading out to a party
at the party i ate some cookies and chips, had a glass of champaign at midnight
had 2 scoops xf whey before driving back really late
and 1 tbsp peanut butter with ebol before getting to bed
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Are you sleeping any better?
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:Are you sleeping any better?
actually i was up until last night. i couldnt keep eyes open last night but still couldnt sleep.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow. That's a problem.

Something on your mind? General stress? We've got to get a handle on this...
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:Wow. That's a problem.

Something on your mind? General stress? We've got to get a handle on this...
it always changes. couple nights ago i just couldnt get into a deep sleep, wasnt thinking about anything. some nights i cant stop thinking about things, others i cant get into a deep sleep or stay asleep.
im trying to transition myself to going to sleep earlier so i have more potential to sleep in. once its hits 10 or 11 i wont be able to get back asleep, even if ive only had a couple hours.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

breakfast is 2 scoops xf whey with 1 tbsp peanut butter and ebol
lunch was 6 eggs and chipotle cheese
had 1 tbsp peanut butter with ebol later
early/first dinner was perdue shortcuts turkey with buffalo cheese and 2 bowls of ramen noodles
real dinner was indian food- chicken, rice, vegetables, naan, samosa
before bed 2 scoops xf whey, ebol, and tbsp peanut butter
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

for the leg workout, am i only doing squats and finishing with the dimel deadlifts after?

also, what do you think if agmatine? i picked up a few bottles of MAN Blueprint when it was on sale.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes, you've got it right on the squat/legs workout...

On Agmatine as found in MAN's Blueprint, I have two opinions;

ONE, I don't think the proposed performance enhancement benefit of the molecule played out like they thought it would. Basic Arginine Alpha Keto glutarate remains the "standard" in this category. If looking for an alternative, I'd suggest bulk citrulline malate. Other than that, Agmatine purports to improve hormone profiles, insulin function, substrate storage etc.. There are other compounds that do this better such as L-dopa, 4-hydroxyisoleucine etc from a performance aspect.

I will conceded however, that this product likely conveys some excellent anti-aging/free radical scavenging and glutathione building properties. In combination with R-ALA it's a winner in that regard. It is something I'm looking into while I research further on The Blueprint for Anti-Aging.

A less expensive and better researched combination for such purposes would be the ArginoCarn brand of bonded Acetyl-L-Carnitine/Arginine and Lipoic Acid that is establishing itself among the Life Extension crowd.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:Yes, you've got it right on the squat/legs workout...

On Agmatine as found in MAN's Blueprint, I have two opinions;

ONE, I don't think the proposed performance enhancement benefit of the molecule played out like they thought it would. Basic Arginine Alpha Keto glutarate remains the "standard" in this category. If looking for an alternative, I'd suggest bulk citrulline malate. Other than that, Agmatine purports to improve hormone profiles, insulin function, substrate storage etc.. There are other compounds that do this better such as L-dopa, 4-hydroxyisoleucine etc from a performance aspect.

I will conceded however, that this product likely conveys some excellent anti-aging/free radical scavenging and glutathione building properties. In combination with R-ALA it's a winner in that regard. It is something I'm looking into while I research further on The Blueprint for Anti-Aging.

A less expensive and better researched combination for such purposes would be the ArginoCarn brand of bonded Acetyl-L-Carnitine/Arginine and Lipoic Acid that is establishing itself among the Life Extension crowd.
ok. im just going through the supps that i have and getting rid of things i dont think ill need anymore. i bought way too much last year.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

breakfast was 2 scoops xf whey with 1 tbsp peanut butter and ebol
lunch was left over indian food- chicken, rice, veggies
intraworkout i drank 3 scoops recoverpro, 6g citrulline malate, and 3 heaping teaspoons raz. lemonade mix
pwo at my friends house i had some cheese quesadillas and then when i got back to my house 2 scoops xf whey
dinner was turkey perdue shortcuts with chipotle cheese
after dinner i had a sample packet of MRI Pro NOS mocha with ebol
snacked on some chocolate covered popcorn